TRACTION utilises lean business principles that focus heavily on community and participant engagement, rather than administrative overhead to deliver outcomes for young people in need.
TRACTION was established by Sandy Murdoch with a wonderful team of Mentors and Volunteers in July 2015, under the guidance of Dr Stephen Beaumont, and under the auspices of JOII Community Ltd (formerly Briswest Care Association Inc) until June 2020, when it transitioned to its own independent charitable entity – TRACTION For Young People Ltd.
TRACTION’s governance framework and culture is now managed by an independent Board, Members of the organisation and executive Leadership Team.
TRACTION is governed by a board who provide strategic direction, guidance, compliance and performance oversight to ensure TRACTION continues to professionally deliver our programs for vulnerable young people in the communities we serve in accordance with our benevolent objects.
- Sandra Fields. Sandra has extensive experience working with organisations in the community, health, arts, government and corporate sectors with a specific interest in helping organisations focus their strategic vision, facilitate crucial conversations, evaluate impact and build organisational capability.
- Euan Murdoch. Euan has established a series of innovative businesses, contributes to industry representative and governing bodies, holds a number of advisory boards positions, and mentors leaders in academic, medical and veterinary institutes and organisations.
- Greg Jensen. Greg has served as a board member of charitable and community organisations and is a director of a cardiology software and devices company. He has extensive experience in community partnerships and fundraising.
- SJ De Silva. SJ has significant financial and commercial experience across many industries in Sri Lanka and Australia, including as a Director on company boards.
- Sandy Murdoch. Sandy is passionate about helping young people achieve their potential and founded TRACTION with a fantastic team of volunteers in July 2015. As Founder and CEO of TRACTION, Sandy has developed faith that ordinary people, working together, can achieve extraordinary things.
Our Executive Leadership Team
The TRACTION Leadership Team includes:
- Founder & CEO – Sandy Murdoch
- Governance & Human Resources – Salli Walker
- Operations – Ross McIvor
- Impact, Learning & Development – Eleesa Johnstone
- Finance – Derek Gambling
- Fundraising & Partnerships – Gemma Nolan
TRACTION’s members represent the interests of the community we serve and provide oversight to the delivery of our charitable objects and intent. TRACTION’s founding members include:
- Ann Fordyce
- John McInnes
- Salli Walker
- Mark van den Boogaart
- Andrew Tuckey
- Sandra Fields
- Euan Murdoch
- SJ De Silva
- Greg Jensen
- Sandy Murdoch
Our Regional Coordinators, Mentors & Support Crew
The TRACTION team provides the professional support that helps young people positively re-engage with their community.